AmigaActive (1021/2143)

From:Jonathan Drain
Date:13 May 2000 at 17:13:21
Subject:Re: Free Domain hosting

From: Alan Bailey <ab1973@lineone.net>

[FreeNetName]
> Ive been warned about them already, they reserve the right to plaster your
> site with adverts, so they are a no no.

They reserve the right to start charging you, or forcing adverts onto your
site. I doubt that they ever will though, but the banner ads aren't much of
a problem on my site - I only use my FreeNetName domain, JonnyDigital.co.uk,
for the title page of my site, which brings the user along to my actual
site, hosted on my regular ISP's webspace. This way, I only have to dial in
every 90 days, instead of every single time I want to upload my website.
Nifty, eh?

Another trick I know, apart from the Auto-refresh thing, is where you make
the page hosted at your web domain a full-page single Frame, which points to
your real site.

l8rz,

Jonathan Drain - I'd explain it to you, but your head would explode.
Email: digital@ukonline.co.uk ICQ: 39945538
Visit my WEBSITE at: http://www.jonnydigital.co.uk

(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)gnore, (H)old Requiem Mass?